Harriet Forbes, MD
Certified Health Coach
What does Personalized Coaching mean for you?
Prior to your first visit, you’ll answer some questions about yourself, your lifestyle, and your particular challenges and goals. This allows us to get to know you better and to begin creating your unique program. On your first visit, we’ll sit down and develop a plan structured just for you. Focusing on the Five Pillar approach to health: diet/nutrition, movement, sleep/rest, emotional well-being, and connection to self/others, we’ll identify where you struggle most and develop a plan that will actively and concretely target those areas.
What will your Coaching Sessions look like? They could be:
- Taking a trip to the grocery store together where you will learn tips for how to shop for foods to help you create heathy and delicious meals.
- Taking a hike together, developing an at-home strengthening program, or attending that fitness class that you’ve been hesitant to try alone.
- Helping you find the time and space to develop sacred connection, including identifying objects and creating rituals that have the most meaning for you and your life.
- Helping you develop a night time ritual that leads to improved and deeper sleep/rest.
- Helping you explore the emotional road blocks that keep you from living the healthiest life you can and then finding concrete solutions for breaking through them.
Or…it could be all of the above. The bottom line is that your program will be created by us together and will be tailor-made just for you. Your program can also be adjusted along the way, allowing for new challenges that might come up as you begin making shifts in your life.
What’s my story?
As a physician, I have always been interested in healthy living and have been fascinated by the differences I have observed between people who choose and follow through on healthy lifestyle habits and those who do not. Not only have I been interested in the outcomes of these choices, I have been intrigued by the reasons that some people can seemingly easily commit to healthy habits, while others cannot. Unfortunately, the busy pace of a physician’s schedule rarely lends the time and space necessary to exploring these issues with each patient. After I retired from my clinical practice, I decided to go back to school and earn my health coach certification, realizing that it could be the answer to finally having the time and focus necessary to really helping people make life-altering and sustainable changes in their lives. It is with his passion that I offer personalized coaching. In addition to the obvious lifestyle changes that are essential for elevating health to a priority, I am also an avid believer in the power of ritual in helping us achieve optimal and meaningful health. Having completed Mary Mapel’s (M.A. in Spiritual Psychology) course in Creating Sacred Ceremony, and having been a participant for many years in Support Groups, I have the tools and experience to help you develop your own meaningful and powerful rituals to keep you grounded, committed and connected to your best self.
What’s the Cost?
Packages start at $399 for 6 sessions. They are also available as individual sessions at $80 per hour.
Want to know more?
If you have questions or want to discuss further what your program could like like, please call me at (615) 933-2327 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.